Thursday, December 31, 2020

16-patch with orange medallion, quilt completed

16-patch with orange medallion

72 by 72 inches

Made from 16-patches using up many of my bin of neutral 2 1/2 inch squares, plus those gathered from my quilt group's covid round-robin where we put squares in envelopes and send them on, removing what we want, adding more to share.
The quilt was influenced by Kirstin Klasen and Wanda Hanson. You can read more about how it came together here:
https://kleinmeisjequilts.blogspot.com/2020/09/neutral-16-patch-with-orange-medallion.html
I do tend to push my neutrals! There are fabrics of my mother and grandmothers in this. I really like this soft orange used for the medallion and binding.
Quilted by Sue Divarco.

My design. Use at your pleasure.

My final finish for 2020.
I plan to hang this in our bedroom.

9 comments:

Robin said...

What a fun quilt. Orange always adds an element of joy. It’s sounds like a great way to have an exchange too.

Julierose said...

Oh what a neat quilt--the orange block just really makes it sing...nice work hugs, Julierose

Sally Langston Warren said...

This is beautiful! Love me a good scrappy quilt and that orange medallion makes it so special. I have some fabrics (scraps and larger) from my great aunts (whose treadle machine I use). I have been hoarding those fabrics. I think it’s time to use them! Happy new year! Thank you for so generously sharing your quilts and patterns with us. I have a few in the works. Also, I am subscribing to Marcia Derse’s solid palette club....receiving 13 fat quarters bimonthly of her solid color fabrics. These will be great for making some of your blocks that use a print and a solid.

Frog Quilter said...

Love the new medallion style quilt, beautiful!

Vicki W said...

That's awesome!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Love your orange medallion quilt! Very eye catching.

Mystic Quilter said...

I always look forward to your posts with beautiful quilts and the back story of how they came to be made, and your kindness in offering folks the chance use your tutorials and links. I could use lots of my scraps to cut to the required 2 and 1.2" squares for your beautiful one today and I had the idea of perhaps having a star somewhere in the one I would make.

darlynn said...

Lynn, probably one of my favorite quilts of yours. Do you use your quilts on your beds?

patty a. said...

Congratulations on this fabulous finish! I have been cutting my scrap bins up; did that for 37 days in November and December. I now have a box of 2 1/2" squares that I am thinking would look good in a quilt like yours. Thanks for the inspiration!