Tuesday, December 22, 2020

alphabet stars, quilt completed

This quilt predates the blog! I remember making the top while Eve was learning to read. I had the wonderful alphabet fabric I used for the border to honor her reading efforts.
I took little tucks here and there so the border grid would work with the center.
The center I think was from a magazine, long lost to my memory.
The top was made over 20 years ago, it was quilted shortly after that, then languished until Covid time when a binding was finally put on.
With Eve's blessing, it is on its way as a gift from Tante Lynn to my great-niece Meta whose reading efforts are impressive.

5 comments:

Louise SS said...

It seems to me that Alphabet Stars was waiting for Meta! Great gift!

Nann said...

Was this your oldest UFO? Like a fine wine, some projects just need to age before they're ready to be used.

Jenny said...

Such a lovely quilt, the perfect gift for the next generation in the family.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

What a beauty and a nice way to honor a reader:).

Unknown said...

Oh glory beee, I had that alphabet fabric . . . long since all cut up and used. It must have been at least 25 years ago. Wow, memories. Thanks for sharing.