Wednesday, December 23, 2020

letter box, quilt completed

My adaptation of the pattern Letter Box from the June 2009 McCalls Quilting magazine.

I worked with plaids a lot back then. I remember wanting to make a summer feeling quilt. The best source of these light plaids is in the women and the children sections of the thrift stores. The fabric yield is not as good as in a man's shirt, as they are smaller and a woman's shirt has darts that take up lots of fabric. But, the variety of plaids from these sections is really worth it.

 After more than 10 years as a top it is finally quilted and bound and in the mail from Tante Lynn to my great-niece Sybil. Sweet dreams my sunny child!

5 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

I really really like this one -- and in looking back to your earlier letter box posts, I see you also made a simpler two-round version. GREAT design.

Jenny said...

Such pretty colours, I'm sure your niece will be delighted with her quilt!

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

You definitely achieved a refreshing summery look - so cozy too - with this quilt. Congratulations!

Hubblebird said...

I love this quilt.

Sharon J said...

Beautiful!

Sharon