Saturday, July 06, 2019

tip #48, make some samples

I am often sketching on graph paper or any paper for that matter. I am pretty good at visualizing what the block will look like, but the move to fabric can lead to decisions on scale and orientation that don't come to mind on paper.
In preparation for fall I would like to have a plan and blocks cut to fit in sewing time between the busy semester of classes. This morning I moved these 6 blocks from paper to fabric. Now, which to move forward on first?
cobblestone
steps
framed whirlygig
whirlygig
bullseye
pickets


4 comments:

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

They all look pretty good to me!

Amy said...

If you twisted my arm, I'd pick the framed whirlygig... otherwise, it's a coin toss.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I've used the Steps design and it works out very well. Have fun playing with your options!

Unknown said...

I am fond of whirlygig and bullseye.