Monday, July 29, 2019

patience corner sampler, top completed

Patience Corner Sampler

130 4-inch finished blocks
Set into 130 6-inch finished quarter blocks with an added 2 1/2 by 4 1/2 rectangle and a 2 1/2 by 6 1/2 rectangle.
Set into 30 12-inch finished Patience Corner Blocks and 5 half blocks (I added a row of half-blocks to my final set).
Layout was 5 blocks by 6 and a half blocks.
Final borders cut 3 1/2 inches.
Top finishes about  66 by 84 inches.
The set is my design, use at your pleasure.

In early 2018 Temecula Quilt Co. had a sew-a-long with little 4-inch finished blocks.
https://temeculaquiltco.blogspot.com/2018/01/quirky-quilt-sew-along.html
It was a pleasant project to work on as I set up my sewing space in our new place.
About 20% of my blocks are from her designs, the rest are my own based on traditional patterns. I used Tonya Riccuci's method from her Word Play book for the letters of my name in the bottom right corner.
 I put them together using a Patience Corner set that I describe here.
https://kleinmeisjequilts.blogspot.com/2018/10/patience-corner-set.html
lower right quadrant
lower left quadrant
upper right quadrant
upper left quadrant

6 comments:

julieQ said...

Lynn, I love it! Such a pretty thing...your name is a wonderful addition!

Jenny said...

My goodness, that's a whole lot of tiny blocks! Well done.

Chantal said...

Wow! Love the addition of your name in blocks at the FRONT of the quilt. That's just AWEsome! ;^)

Vicki W said...

That is awesome!

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Oh this is just wonderful! At first I couldn't figure out the setting! It's very interesting. Love that you include your name in the blocks.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and amazing--I can't wait to see it in person.

xxoo Sharon