Tuesday, July 23, 2019

stacked bricks, top completed

Stacked Bricks
80 blocks set 10 by 8, finishing 80 by 96 inches.
My design, use at your pleasure.

Block finishes 8 by 12 inches
Cutting
Solid: six rectangles 2 1/2 by 4 1/2 inches
Print: six rectangles 2 1/2 by 4 1/2 inches
Could work with precut 2 1/2 inch strips and strip piecing, but I cut all my pieces because I work from scraps.
Piecing
Piece in columns of 6, pressing toward the side that ends in a print.
Sew block together nesting seams.
I wait with pressing the center seam until I assemble the quilt so I can be strategic to nest seams.

Assembly
Sew two blocks together along the 8 inch sides, then sew two of these units together into a 4-block unit.
Make 4 rows of 5 units.
Just three longer seams to complete assembly.
With careful pressing all seams of quilt will nest.


8 comments:

Julierose said...

this is a great pattern; thanks so much for sharing...I love it hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

very nice!

julieQ said...

That is just too cool!!! Love it!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Waiting to press the center seam is smart. I love nesting seams.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Nice quilt. Easy to cut and to stitch and is so colorful.
xx, Carol

Anonymous said...

Another absolutely wonderful quilt!

Sharon

D Ledgerwood said...

Thanks for being so generous in sharing your quilts and your patterns.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

It's a terrific top!