Sunday, December 18, 2022

red and white stars with checkerboard, quilt completed

                        
Red and white stars with checkerboard
2022
94 by 74 inches

Quilted by Sue Divarco with a wool batt

You can read my construction post here.

Made with fabrics from my shelves, from my friends' shelves, and from a bit of shopping. There are a few pieces from my mother's sewing over 60 years ago.

                        
Sue did an exquisite job quilting this. She said she pushed to the head of her list to make sure I had it for Christmas.

I think more red and white quilts need to be made in this house.
That white with village print is from my mother's sewing 60 years ago

12 comments:

Marianne said...

I love red and white quilts! My first quilt was red and white. I worry about bleeding in the wash, though, and always pre-wash my reds when I buy them. Do you?

karenbbsnow said...

Beautiful, Are the little squares 1 inch? A red and white quilt has been on my bucketlist for years, deciding on a pattern is holding up the process. lol.

Gretchen Weaver said...

I love your red & white quilt, it's beautiful! Happy stitching and Happy Christmas!

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

This is SO wonderful!

Nann said...

The variety of red prints makes your design sparkle. it's a beauty, Lynn.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

It's such a pretty quilt with so many fabrics - how special to have that vintage piece from your Mom. Congratulations on a beautiful finish!

Jenny said...

Another gorgeous quilt, and just in time for Christmas. Congratulation, it is beautiful.

Chantal said...

FABulous! WOW! It's a gorgeous red and white quilt. Bravo! ;^)

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love the checkerboard sashing and border on this one. And, of course I love the whole quilt because it is red.

Sharon J said...

So beautiful!!

Sharon

Shepherdess55 said...

Merry Christmas!
Wishing you all the best in 2023.

Susan said...

That is gorgeous, too! I love red and white and blue and white. Such a pretty quilting job, too.