Saturday, December 31, 2022

alphabet with checkerboard, quilt completed


Alphabet with checkerboard
quilt completed 2022
About 67 inches square

Setting is mine.
Letters adapted from Lisa Bogean's pattern for Primitive Gatherings.
Construction details are posted here.

Some, but not all, of the letters have fabric where the image references the letter:
Kittens, Eggs, Roosters, Dogs, Teapots and Teacups, Scissors, Horses. Frogs, Musical notes, 
Used up some bits of indigo picked up on a trip to Japan in 1989.
This is my 6th alphabet quilt.

Medallion setting is mine. Use at your pleasure.

My final finish for 2022. It has been a good year.

8 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Pretty darn awesome. Your work always amazes me.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I especially like this one … that border adds so much. Happy New Year to you and yours.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Love that checkerboard border. This alphabet quilt is very soothing, almost vintage looking. I would hate to have to choose a favorite of all of them though because they are all stunning.

Vicki W said...

That's such a pretty quilt and I love the checkerboard border.

Sharon J said...

So beautiful! What a productive year you've had!!
xxooSharon

Anonymous said...

This one has especially appealing (to me....) colors and color balances. Subtle and complex. Congratulations and happy 2023.

Ceci

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Absolutely stunning, fabulous alphabet quilt. Great use of the precious Japanese indigo! Your setting is so original and just great. Congratulations on a beautiful finish!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Wow this is a great setting! My blog reader is having troubles so I am not getting your posts. I am missing a lot, I see!