Friday, April 26, 2019

riven, top completed

Riven
90 by 80 inches
Block finishes 9 by 10 inches

Sitting at her bedside during my mother's decline I would sketch quilt block ideas. I kept coming back to this very simple split block which seemed to show the separation to come.
It has been a quiet, contemplative project to sew on. I included several of her fabrics into this quilt.
four blocks
80 blocks set 8 by 10. 

Solid: cut 1 1/2 by 9 1/2 inch rectangle
Print: cut 9 1/2 inch square, divide in two, making the cut anywhere from midway to 3 inches from the edge.

Press away from the solid

Setting:
Because I never let the solids meet from block to block it was easiest to sew into columns first..
Press every other column up or down. Then sew columns together.

My design, use at your pleasure.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I can so see this in Christmas fabrics! Thanks, Lynn!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty. Thank you for sharing. Sorry to hear about your Mother.