Sunday, April 21, 2019

Easter

This is our first Easter without our mother.
I am sharing photographs from her funeral. We used the tulip quilt I made for my parents' 60th anniversary on the casket and had a bouquet of tulips on top.
We had her buried with a thimble on her finger.

I want to acknowledge the wonderful help we had from Trappist Caskets, made by monks at the New Melleray Abbey in eastern Iowa. They sell to us Protestants too!
My mother wanted a simple casket which is surprisingly difficult to get through traditional means with funeral homes.
We chose the simple rectangle style directly from the Abbey, which shipped it quickly. It was beautiful, reasonable, and respectful.
https://trappistcaskets.com/

1 comment:

darlynn said...

Beautiful! And don't you know it about trying to find a plain casket. When my husband died and I had to purchase a casket, they were all so elaborate. I told my kids I wanted to be buried in a plain pine casket. Do you think there was even such a thing to purchase? Nope.