Wednesday, August 10, 2022

summer horizon, top completed


Summer horizon
95 by 81 inches
180 blocks set into 10 rows of 18
Block finishes 9 1/2 by 4 1/2 inches


While I was cutting for my summer quilt with the triangles in the corners, I also cut pieces to make another horizon quilt featuring those same low volume fabrics; a sister quilt.

Again I love the summer feel to it and plan to have it densely quilted with a cotton batt. And I am thinking either Kona Peony or Kona Prairie Sky binding for both of these summer quilts.

Directions for the block are here:
https://kleinmeisjequilts.blogspot.com/2021/05/horizon.html

Here is what my first quilt looks like:
https://kleinmeisjequilts.blogspot.com/2022/04/horizon-quilt-completed.html

I have a batik version of this quilt being cut here behind the scenes.
It is a popular quilt--many have written to me with delightful interpretations of it.

My design. Use at your pleasure.



3 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I really like this quilt! I saw the horizon pattern on another blog several weeks ago but I love the neutral version. I want to make one of these this winter. Happy stitching!!

Jenny said...

So very pretty, light and summery indeed.

Chantal said...

It really does have a summer vibe. It looks light and cool for the hot summer nights. I love it. ;^)