Saturday, July 23, 2022

summer quilt--top completed--a pattern by Allison Jensen

Summer quilt
94 1/2 by 81 inches
378 blocks

Adapted from delightful pattern of Allison Jensen of Woodberry Way.
Here is her blog post about it:
https://www.woodberryway.com/2021/08/i-spy-quilt-with-low-volume-fabrics.html
Here is her free printable pattern:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OF1vCuMdZ6L-XJ1SANwB4FvkPFXksQIM/view


I made it two blocks wider and two rows longer than Allison's.
And instead of her size for the corner triangles, I used 2 inch squares straight from by solids bin. I used Doug Leko's Simple folded corner ruler--love that thing.
https://antlerquiltdesign.com/collections/notions/products/mini-simple-folded-corners-ruler

My small group and I exchanged the lights, so the variety was pushed by what others thought were low volume. Some are not using their indoor voices!
I was amazed how many fabrics were on my shelves that fit these low volume parameters. Really fun revisiting fabrics from over the years. Some of my mom's fabrics made it in here too.

The quilt makes me cooler just looking at it.
I plan to have it densely quilted and use Kona Peony for the binding.


5 comments:

Chantal said...

I don't care if some aren't using their indoor voice, I LOVE this quilt. I wonder if I can pull it off? I might have enough of the "not so low" volume fabric to make a small one. Thanks for the inspiration. ;^)

Gretchen Weaver said...

This quilt is so pretty! What a lovely summer quilt!

Amy said...

I love this one! Low volume is so cool for the summertime! We have a low volume log cabin on the bed right now - solid centers and low volume logs with no batting and backed with an old cotton sheet. Definitely a summer coverlet. Enjoy yours!

Chris said...

I think the less-than-low volume fabrics make it sing. Nicely done!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love, love, love!