Tuesday, May 07, 2019

two more letters

Z is for zebra
L is for lamp
Made using the McCallsQuilting.com alphabet.
For the z I didn't follow their instructions but I did follow their shape. I want to keep the background fabrics as uninterrupted as possible. So I cut the backgrounds from a 4 1/2 inch strip. the top one is a triangle at 4 1/2 inches, the bottom piece is a chisel shape cut to about 6 1/2 inches. I added the Z fabric to the top triangle and bottom piece, trimmed them, joined them, and trimmed again to have the whole piece 6 1/2 by 7 inches. Their pattern had 9 pieces in the center of that Z. I have 4.
This is really hard to describe. I am not even sure I could replicate my steps. But it worked without resorting to my nemesis of paper piecing.

The L was a welcomed respite letter after that.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I love your letters! Do have have plenty of background fabric for the other letters? Or are you on a mission to buy?

Beth said...

I am really enjoying watching the progress on this one. Your backgrounds for each letter are fabulous