Wednesday, May 01, 2019

4-in-the-corner

I slightly simplified a delightful block Corner 4-patch from Carol Thelen's Quilt Notes.
Carol uses a stand-alone four-patch. I melt mine into the print of the rest of the block by just adding the solid.
https://quiltnotes.com/learning-center/corner-4-patch/
She has a wonderful variety of setting suggestions; the block lends itself to many successful settings. Check out her instructions for cutting, construction, size, and variations. Pressing will vary by which setting is chosen.
I will add my pressing instructions below.
Her whole site is a great resource:
https://quiltnotes.com/

The setting I plan to use looks a bit like a double helix. Maybe more of a single helix!
I plan to make mine set 10 by 12, 80 by 96 inches. 120 blocks. Maybe 10 by 11, 110 blocks.

Press small squares to the prints, then press the seam in the 4-patch and the seam of it to the print larger square.  Wait with pressing the center seam until setting into rows and columns.

I first sew two blocks together.
Still not pressing center seams of blocks or the seam of the two blocks.

After laying out I will piece into columns, alternating direction of seams for each two-block unit.

2 comments:

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Love your 'solids on prints' look!

Anonymous said...

Amazing!

Sharon