Wednesday, July 13, 2016

...and all ships at sea--quilt completed

I love this quilt.
Thank you to Claire at Cspoonquilt for posting the block and the Barbara Brackman reference to an antique quilt.
http://cspoonquilt.blogspot.com/2015/06/june-bom-accurate-piecing-continuing.html

This is the quilt that got me started on a series of blocks pieced using solids with wild prints.
Quilted in an all over wind pattern by Sue DiVarco.
Measures 70 by 80 inches.

I used up some wonderful florals for the back.


4 comments:

Handmade by Joan said...

I like all the colors in this quilt. I've mostly seen this ship block in blues. It looks great with all these fabrics.

Chantal said...

Congrats on the finish! It is a wonderful colourful quilt. Happy sailing to dreamland. ;^)

cspoonquilt said...

Fantastic quilt Lynn!!! I've been describing this quilt pattern lately as a 'scrap eater' because you can take the ugliest calico and put a bright solid ship on it and suddenly it's not so ugly anymore!! well at least it's not so noticeable?! I finished my Ships top but I made it 5 x 6 blocks but I really like the larger size of your quilt. Might have to go back and add a few more rows...Thanks for the kind words! cheers, Claire W.

Kaja said...

I love this too - the mixture of solid boats and print backgrounds is spot on.