Monday, July 25, 2016

tip #33--keep a lint roller near the iron

Some pieces of fabric love to collect threads and bits.
Keeping a lint roller near the iron makes it easier to lift off those threads. I usually don't roll it, instead just touch it to the threads.
I have an Accuquilt Studio and use it to roll over the die after cutting. I am very methodical, rolling over the entire die. It picks up much you cannot see, stuff that might damage the blades.

I do not use the lint roller on myself. I am easily identified on the street as a quilter by all the threads clinging to me.
(Every Christmas I give a package of lint rollers to the kids as they do not like to be identified as coming from a quilting household.)

2 comments:

Amy said...

LOL! My husband prefers that I do my laundry separate from his for thread infestation. Santa brings him lint rollers at Christmas too.

Gypsy Quilter said...

What a great idea!