Saturday, August 31, 2024

Kamala quilt

The Democratic National Convention was just down the street from us last week.
Lots of motorcades, helicopters, street activities.

I found this wonderful pattern by Berene @happysewlucky who shared her great Kamala block on her Instagram. I scaled it up to the letters to be 
4 inches tall finished and eliminated many seams by making flying geese for the K and M and modified half square triangles for the A. Machine quilted in curved lines on my Bernina Record 930. I chose pink because it is a happy, strong color. Three pink solids used.
The back is a pink paisley from the stash of a late friend who I am sure would approve of its use. And a bit of cat fabric because, well, just because.

Thanks Berene!


4 comments:

Nann said...

How many presidential candidates have two banners designed for them? Your bright pink is eye-catching! (I used Modern Quilt Studio's design.)

Cathy said...

Love, love, love that quilt! 💕

Hubblebird said...

It would be a great logo for her campaign!

Sharon said...

Perfect!