Friday, April 29, 2022

cut glass dish, top completed

Cut glass dish
96 by 84 inches
Block finishes 12 inches
56 blocks set 7 by 8

Block and unit directions are here:
https://kleinmeisjequilts.blogspot.com/2022/04/cut-glass-dish-block-construction.html

Make 6 of the 8-block units and sew into rows of 3. Add the remaining two 4-block units to the ends of these, making the segments now 7 blocks across and 4 blocks down. 

There are now two halves of the quilt.
Press one half to the right, one to the left and sew the final seam.

All seams in the quilt nest!
Note: the triangles bulk up and will not want to stay pressed. This is fine! I keep them pressed for nesting, then let them fall where they will for the quilting stage.

My directions using a traditional pattern. Use at your pleasure.

7 comments:

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

What a fun scrappy quilt top with so many interesting fabrics!

Amy said...

Love, love, love this one, Lynn! It's in my future for sure!

Cathy said...

Fantastic! One of these days I'm going to have to invest in more solids. You never cease to inspire!

Sandy said...

…. and your seam intersections are perfect!

Nann said...

I followed Wanda/Exuberant Color as she made this block earlier in the year. Your scrappy version is wonderful, too! I've gotta put this on my list. Thanks, Lynn.

audrey said...

This is looking fabulous! So sparky and interesting!:)

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

A delightful scrappy quilt, I love it!