Tuesday, December 28, 2021

alphabet (Missouri Star), top completed

 

Alphabet
81.5 by 59.5 inches

Made using the Missouri Star Easy Alphabet. I changed construction to use larger pieces for the backgrounds rather than their method of all squares. (I also altered their V.) Using Doug Leko's Simple Folded Corners tool (the small size) and Bonnie K. Hunter's Essential Triangles tool made this work. 
A straightforward alphabet! I like it, and because the letters came from my solids scrap squares bin, it was a quick sew.
Kona Cyan was used for the constant. I have just one border, cut 7 inches. I will bind it in the same.

A fitting end of piecing to a year that started with an alphabet.
This is my 5th. More are in the planning stage!

3 comments:

julieQ said...

oooooooo! I love it...them...all five of them! Happy New Year!

karenbbsnow said...

I love them all and how they're all so different.

Kathy S. said...

LOVE your alphabet quilt. I made the one from the Accuquilt site this year. It's only my second alphabet, but I plan to do more eventually. I love how yours are all so different. Wishing you a happy and healthy 2022.