Saturday, January 25, 2020

solids on prints: classics: churn dash, shoo-fly, framed nine-patch

Churn dash, 2015
Churn dash, detail, block finishes 9 inches
Shoofly, 2016
Shoofly, block finishes 7 1/2 by 9 1/2 inches
Framed Nine-patch, 2016
Framed Nine-patch detail, block finishes 7 1/2 inches
I group these three early in the series quilts as Classic blocks. Churn dash was the second and Shoofly the third. Framed Nine-patch was a few later.
Shoofly is not made in the traditional way, rather with a float method using flipped corners.

6 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love the classics. I'm working on a framed 9 patch and shoo-fly. The only thing that has held me back on the churn dash is the points matching as blocks are joined.

Jenny said...

So nice to see your earlier Classic Quilts. You are a very productive quilter indeed!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Once I work through the series of Kitchen Table Quilts this year and the other quilts that are cut out, I want to put together my own series of solids on prints projects (perhaps not full size quilts, but quilts to hang on the wall beside the big window in our dining room). I love looking at and studying yours.

cityquilter grace said...

love them all! sooo pretty indeed!

Bridget said...

I had to flip back to see the shoofly :) Very clever method to float.

audrey said...

Love the Shoofly one in particular. So twinkly looking.:)