Saturday, December 21, 2019

bullseye, top completed

Bullseye
80 by 96 inches
120 blocks
Block finishes 8 inches

Cutting:
Solid: one 2 1/2 inch square
Print: two 8 1/2 by 3 1/2 inch rectangles, two 3 1/2 by 2 1/2 inch rectangles
Pressing:
All pressing away from center square

Assembly:
Rotate every block so only corner seams need meet.
Sew into 4-block units, press seams to the block that ends with a horizontal rectangle.
Then sew these into 8-block units.
Five of these units makes one row.
Make three rows.
Press seams left on top and bottom rows, right on middle row. All seams will nest.

This is simply a proportion change from the Cobbles block a few quilts ago.
My design, use at your pleasure.


7 comments:

Jenny said...

That dos look nice with the plain centres, you come up with some great easy style blocks! Thanks for sharing, I certainly appreciate it. And if I don't "talk" to you again shortly, Merry Christmas to you and your family. I have enjoyed reading your blog and seeing your projects this year.

Maga said...

I too am very grateful that you share your blocks and quilts because I'm not much of a quilter but your aesthetics resonate with me and I feel like I can make quilts with the blocks you show here. Looking forward to another year of your ideas. BTW found you earlier this year through Exhuberant Colour. Season's Greetings to you and yours

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

It is beautiful. Love the fun fabrics you used.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your blog; I discovered it a couple weeks ago and am reading though your archives and fantasizing about making quilts in the new year. Since I am also working though a difficult family passage it is especially wonderful to have something else to think about - you are unintentionally doing me a great service.

Happy holidays,

ceci

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It is fun to see all of the different fabrics you use in your quilts.

Merry Christmas!

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

It's such a nice quilt top with some fun prints and great colors!

chris said...

I have 99 blocks made and will get them up on my design wall this week. That is a plastic tablecloth with the fuzzy side out hung up on the wall with duct tape!