Monday, August 26, 2019

cobbles

Cobbles
Block finishes 9 inches
I plan to make 90 blocks set 9 by 10 to finish 81 by 90 inches

Solid
Cut one 3 1/2 inch square
Print
Cut two 3 1/2 squares
Cut two 3 1/2 by 9 1/2 inch rectangles

Press first seams away from solid
Press block away from center row

If you turn every other block there will be no internal seams to match, just the corners, making quilt top assembly simple.
I have about 70 of the blocks all laid out so I can grab a few minutes of sewing every day.

My design of a traditional pattern. Use at your pleasure.

Andy and I had a lovely visit to Quebec City this summer where we walked the cobblestone streets.

6 comments:

Julierose said...

I like this block a lot--looks like a good stash buster...hugs, Julierose

Jenny said...

I have done a version of this easy block before, it looks really good in just two colours as well, a.ternsting lights and darks. Made my niece a burgundy and cream version for her big birthday.

Marianne said...

Leuk idee vooral met kinderstofjes. Ik heb hier regelmatig een 'klein meisje' rondlopen van bijna 3 :-)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have done this block quite a few times - easy and fast

Debra Campbell said...

Great tip on turning the blocks for sewing together. Thanks!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Love those 16 patch blocks too. Adorable block here too and very effective with a solid Center. I’m just finishing my version of a photo block with the picture in the Center and plain fabric around it. I used all scraps. Happy Stitching from me!