Tuesday, June 04, 2019

alphabet, top completed

Alphabet
63 by 99 inches
Made using the alphabet from McCallsQuilting.com with several re-drafts and construction changes.
https://www.quiltingcompany.com/Quilt/best-day-ever-free-alphabet-characters-block-patterns/
As written, blocks finish 10 1/2 by 6 inches.
I added 2 inch cut sashings to have the blocks finish 9 by 13 1/2 inches.

26 letters, I added sixteen cut 9 1/2 by 14 inch blocks to the layout, then added top and bottom rows of seven 9 1/2 inch blocks.
Use my setting at your pleasure.

Alice in Wonderland, baseball, celestial, dog, egg, fairy, giraffe, honeycomb, iris, jumprope, kitten, lamp, maple, nautilus, owl, popcorn, Queen Anne's Lace, robot, Scrabble, tulip, umbrella, volcano, woods, fox, yarn, zebra.

If you know of a pieced Cyrillic alphabet, please let me know!


8 comments:

Roxanne said...

I am visiting from Wanda’s blog and very much enjoyed your quilts today. I love alphabet quilts and this one is a real peach!

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Very nice alphabet quilt! I've never made one. It's such a cute idea.

Ramona said...

Your letters are so nice... even and concise. Love your scrappy blocks with the letters, too. I visited from Wanda's blog, too, and will stay! :)

Quiltdivajulie said...

Also visiting via Wanda’s blog. Love the way you incorporated athe letter with a word through your fabric choices. Very nice quilt top!

Jenny said...

My goodness, that didn't take you too long at all. Now to quilt it, how do you plan to do this?

Chantal said...

Awesome quilt! Great job, Lynn. ;^)

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That looks great! I really enjoy making letters and an alphabet quilt would be a great place to showcase them.

Ruth said...

That is very nice alphabet quilt. I am another visitor from Wanda's blog and now I am a follower. I keep coming back to your blog to look at all the posts on your labels list, there is so much to see. I am inspired by your use of solids with prints. Even though my sewing room is in total chaotic disarray from sorting and cutting a mountain of scraps I cleared space to sew and pulled together some strips to make 3 framed nine patch blocks. Thank you for sharing your instructions.