Saturday, December 01, 2012

dolls-behaving in church

Because there were so many duplicates of the Raggedy Ann and Andy and of the Cabbage Patch dolls, Janna just lined them up in some pews.

 My mom made many, many Raggedy Anns and Andys for church and school fundraisers over the years. Included in the display are two of her dolls (numbers 5 and 8 from the left) and lots of fabric and yarn and doll parts ready for more!

There was a crabby gentleman at the display, saying it was sacrilegious having these dolls in church. I said to him, "I think a lot of these dolls have been to church many times over the years. And, think of how these dolls taught their owners to be good parents." He sighed, and said he could maybe see that. He still wasn't happy, but I gave him something to think about.

3 comments:

Jan said...

What a silly thing for that man to be upset about! They look adorable.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

He probably has a reputation of being a grumpy about lots of things. The doll parade is adorable. I'm sure many have visited church more than once.

Unknown said...

Your doll parade is lovely. Indeed many have probably deen to church before! My mother also made Barbie doll clothes and Raggedy Anns and Andys. I have a pair for my daughter, now 18, who wa born after my mother died. I think I will get them our again.