Wednesday, November 23, 2011

tip # 13 triangle labels sewn into the binding



I used to make labels like in the second picture--and often did not make them as I would have to applique them and it would be put off until later--so much later that I would forget when I made the quilt.
I learned to include the one side and bottom seam in with the binding, saving two edges of applique. I use square or rectangles at times, but, by making it a triangle, there is a straight line to applique the top edge--no corner to sew. I put labels on when I put on the binding--can write on it after it is on the quilt. That pesky step seems to be neglected at times...

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That's a great idea. I hate sewing the labels on.

Jan said...

Great idea; maybe my quilts will consistently get labels now :)

Annemart Berendse said...

Now that's a great idea!

Anonymous said...

Never saw the corner label before. That is wonderful. I'm going to get my class to do that tomorrow.