Friday, January 05, 2007

making life busier


I have taken on a third part time job. A friend and I were talking about if we gave up all our part time jobs and side enterprises to concentrated on one, we would probably be making more money and have a lot more time! But, I enjoy what I am doing, and am at a time of life where I find I am very valuable out there. Now is the time to try different aspects of nursing and quilting. My newest position is as an adjunct nursing faculty member. I continue my hospice nursing, quilting workshops, and liturgical quilting commissions.
And raise three kids, wrangle acolytes at church, sit on committees, try to be a good wife and daughter and sister... Life is good!
In a bit of multitasking, here is a quilt I am making for a neighbor's baby shower (tonight) that will also serve as a sample for a workshop I am teaching on Saturday. I used some of my hand dyed fabric on the back which is difficult to sew through for the binding. I found my good thimble I misplaced for about a year-that is helping. (Note housekeeping was not on my list of duties I am trying to juggle; I do try to have a home cooked meal every evening.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the orange and blue quilt! (Since I can't make it to the class, is that one blue fabric - that just happens to have some variation...)

looks simple, but it has more going on when you look a the placement of the fabrics and the blocks...

Anonymous said...

This little quilt is just gorgeous! Love the orange with the blue :-)

Anonymous said...

That's a very nice placement of colour.

Laura said...

The colors are fabulous and such a simple setting makes such a stunning quilt with your coloration, great job! I am sure the class was a sucess.

Anonymous said...

Meh, housework shmousework! Sometimes it just aint that important!

The quilt is lovely. Very calming colours.