Tuesday, November 01, 2022

dia de los muertos


In honor of Dia De Los Muertos, I am sharing photographs from my mother's funeral from 2019. 
We put my tulip quilt on her casket and a bouquet of tulips.
The casket was from Trappist Caskets, made in Iowa. They are wonderful to work with and it was the beautiful, simple casket that our mother asked for.
At the cemetery we placed dirt from the farm where she grew up on the casket.
And we had her buried with a thimble on her finger.

Remembering her today with love, and with love for my sisters with whom  thoughtful decisions were made.

6 comments:

Louise SS said...

What lovely memories of your mother's funeral. Thanks for sharing! ❤️

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

What a touching post, with so much love in and between the lines.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this beautiful remembrance of your mother. The tulips in quilt and bouquet are stunning.

ceci

Lori said...

Beautiful way to honor your mother.

Kathy S. said...

That's a beautiful memory. I love it that she was burried with the dirt from the farm and the thimble on her finger. I remember my grandma was burried with her crochet hook in her hand and the last piece (square) that she was making for her tablecloth. That was over over 40 years ago. I didn't know then how much it would mean to me now.

Susan said...

What a beautiful way to honor your mother. I'm sorry for your loss, but I have the feeling you have many wonderful memories of her.