Monday, September 12, 2022

ladder, quilt completed

Ladder
2020
96 by 84 inches
168 blocks
Block finishes 4 by 12 inches

I find I neglect showing my completed quilts and am on a mission to post those that I've missed over the years.

Ladder is a design I came up with in trying to mess with the grid. By having the seams both meet and not meet as they nestle to the next blocks gives a bit of vibrating to the quilt. I like how in sections it looks like there are diagonals where there aren't any.
It also showcases prints, always a requirement for these solid and prints quilts.

My design--use at your pleasure.

Block construction is discussed here:
https://kleinmeisjequilts.blogspot.com/2019/01/ladder.html

Quilt assembly is discussed here:
https://kleinmeisjequilts.blogspot.com/2019/04/ladder-top-completed.html

Quilted by Sue Divarco

6 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

I’ve been following your blog for awhile and am taken with your original quilts. It’s wonderful that you share the blocks and instructions. Your ladders quilt is wonderful!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I think this is one of my favorites. I like parallel repeating lines.

karenbbsnow said...

Beautiful. Very unique, I really like the vibrating effect.

Vicki W said...

It's awesome!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Such a mix of color flavors and delights! Great job and thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I like be this idea! Found your blog through Nann Hilyard. She loved your lecture and workshop. I shall be signing up for your blog because I am a scrapaholic! Liz in Houston