Thursday, July 02, 2020

calico rose, quilt completed

Calico Rose
Finishes 96 inches square

Made from a design by Deanna at Wedding Dress Blue.
https://weddingdressblue.wordpress.com/calico-rose-quiltalong/
I changed the star point construction to geese and changed the border to be all 16-patches.

Quilted by Sue DiVarco, using a Tuscany wool batt.

It used many, many 2 inch squares from my bins.
The blue solid is Prairie Sky 855 by Kona.
Thank you Deanna for delightful design.
It is for my sister Beth.

7 comments:

Chantal said...

Congratulations! It's vibrant. ;^)

Julierose said...

This is just so lovely with that blue--everything just glows...~ ~ ~ waving from afar~ ~ ~
stay safe Julierose

Frog Quilter said...

Beautiful and I love it!

Amy said...

May your sister sleep well under it, with sweeet dreams, memories and love!

Anonymous said...

Really beautiful, I enjoy your color choices so much. Your plaid quilts encouraged me to dig into a big box of scraps from a NC shirt factory, purchased probably in the mid 70s, and I have 2 wonderful baby quilt tops as a result. That may be it for me and plaid for a while, but I never would have started without your example, so thank you!

ceci

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love this - but then I tend to love almost all of your quilts. You are so productive . . . I feel a bit like a slug just now (it will pass all in good time). Love the addition of the blue - it adds so much.

Lynn’s little sister said...

It’s like sleeping under the prairie sky. Love you, sister! Thank you!