Thursday, August 11, 2016

geese in flight--top completed

99 blocks set 9 by 11
72 by 88 inches
Block finishes 8 inches
solids--4 geese cut with companion angle from 2 1/2 inch strips
prints--8 half square triangles cut with EZ angle from 2 1/2 inch strips; two rectangles cut 2 1/2 inches by 8 1/2 inches

I decided on the north and south straight set.
My design--use at your pleasure.

Working on a back. And, I have started a framed nine-patch with this solid on prints series of quilts!

Faculty week is coming and my summer of sewing is winding down.

6 comments:

mereth said...

Very effective, I like the way the geese change direction.

Chantal said...

Beautiful! Gorgeous! Love it! Congrats on this finished top. ;^)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry your 'summer of sewing' is winding down. :-( Your summer projects (and posts) have been very exciting for me. Thank you. :-)

Melanie said...

One of my favorite quilt blocks. Love the colors.

Gypsy Quilter said...

Wow, a real scrap buster. You did a great job!

m. said...

This has the same appeal to me as St Louis 16 Patch. I like it.