Wednesday, July 13, 2016

...and all ships at sea--quilt completed

I love this quilt.
Thank you to Claire at Cspoonquilt for posting the block and the Barbara Brackman reference to an antique quilt.
http://cspoonquilt.blogspot.com/2015/06/june-bom-accurate-piecing-continuing.html

This is the quilt that got me started on a series of blocks pieced using solids with wild prints.
Quilted in an all over wind pattern by Sue DiVarco.
Measures 70 by 80 inches.

I used up some wonderful florals for the back.


4 comments:

Handmade by Joan said...

I like all the colors in this quilt. I've mostly seen this ship block in blues. It looks great with all these fabrics.

Scrap and quilts said...

Congrats on the finish! It is a wonderful colourful quilt. Happy sailing to dreamland. ;^)

cspoonquilt said...

Fantastic quilt Lynn!!! I've been describing this quilt pattern lately as a 'scrap eater' because you can take the ugliest calico and put a bright solid ship on it and suddenly it's not so ugly anymore!! well at least it's not so noticeable?! I finished my Ships top but I made it 5 x 6 blocks but I really like the larger size of your quilt. Might have to go back and add a few more rows...Thanks for the kind words! cheers, Claire W.

Kaja said...

I love this too - the mixture of solid boats and print backgrounds is spot on.