from a design by Bonnie Hunter
76 1/2 by 58 1/2 inches
top completed 2026
I like to make low volume quilts in the summer. They seem to cool me down. I have plenty of these fabrics in my stash and have been cutting the smaller pieces into 5 inch squares for my work and to trade with friends. I also had a stack of Japanese sample fabrics that I cut to 5 inches for this quilt. I like the colors and prints and textures of these cottons that are not typically found in domestic fabrics. Everything from lawns to near-canvas to seersucker.
Bonnie Hunter's Rough & Tumble found HERE for purchase on her website is a great pattern. She used blue jean scraps and many colors for the spacers.
I used my low volumes and a Stof fabric from a pile I have set aside for quite a while.
Because this is not my design I am not including block parts measurements. Buy designers patterns if they influence your work!
I cut the strips of the Stof to as long as I needed the spacers to be then cut down into the bits. This gave more control than cutting long narrow bits.
I was able to get enough for my expanded size of Bonnie's design from 1/2 yard with enough to spare.

No comments:
Post a Comment