Monday, November 14, 2005

Fine Art of Fiber









My guild has a cooperative show with the weavers and knitters guilds, the Fine Art of Fiber. I displayed a beautiful quilt that was given to me this spring from the board in appreciation for being president. It is all different tulip blocks, made with many techniques. I love it.

The Ricky Timms pretty purple quilt was made by my friend Eleonore Hauser, and the wonderful geometric one is by my friend Leslie Riley.

The tiny lantern log cabin is a great quilt by my friend Donna Cook.
Eleonore, Leslie, Donna, and I are members of a small group of 13 that meets to encourage eachother in our work. I look forward to this every month.

5 comments:

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I had so wanted to make it to that show, but time just didn't allow it. I'm glad I got to see a few pics. I love the one of yours! That is gorgeous.
Dawn

Quiltgranny said...

Thanks for the show! I needed that!

I'm not familiar with the last quilt you showed - tiny lanterns?

Lucy said...

Lovely tulips !!! I understand you choose for them to make ;c). We are selling a lovley pattern in the shop from little windmills. Maybe you know that pattern already .

Holly said...

Your small group of encouragers sounds like fun and I can see why you'd look forward to the meetings. Lovely quilts.

Samantha said...

I LOVE the green geometric one! They're all great- what a wonderful group to be a part of!