Saturday, February 04, 2017

circa 2016 Temecula Quilt Co. sew-a-long

Temecula Quilt Company sew-a-long Circa 2016
All blocks done. 
All rows sewn. 
Lots more work left to do.

Center blocks finish 2 1/2 inches. Others finish 3 inches. She gave instructions to make two of most blocks. I made four so I would have the option of making a bigger quilt and knew I wouldn't want to make a mass of them at the end. I only had to make 11 more to come to this size. 
Hers was set on point and was adorable. With the extra blocks I didn't want to think that much and mathematically a straight set worked with the center medallion, so I went with that.

The setting squares are a bit of serendipity.
The fabric is from my late neighbor Lorraine's stash. It is a civil war era reprint and I believe it is a mis-strike as the color is off a bit. Little rosebuds on a blue ground. I cut the piece into 3 1/2 inch squares thinking I would substitute in another fabric for where I didn't have enough. I had just enough for the exact number of squares needed. If I had squared up a strip 1/8 inch more it would not have worked.

There are several favorite blocks. Here are a  couple.

1 comment:

Chantal L. said...

This is a very interesting quilt to look at. So many different fabrics to examine ... mmmm! Love that. Great job! ;^)