Thursday, August 06, 2015

new (to me) fabric


I am making solid churn dashes on wild backgrounds--the same theme that I used for the Ships quilt.

My neighbor Sharon called me over to share some quilting weight fabric scraps given to her by a home decorator friend. The fabrics were nothing I would have chosen to buy and were just what I wanted to help my own wild fabrics look even better!

Thinking of no sashings, no borders, just blocks. I have about 22 completed blocks and solids cut for another 50. Thinking of setting them 8 by 9 right now, but that may change.


Blocks finish 9 inches.
I use the Easy Angle ruler for the triangles, so all pieces are cut from 3 1/2 inch strips. The rectangles are cut 2 by 3 1/2 and the center square is 3 1/2 inches.

Thank you, Sharon! I may come over for more!

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Looks great! I love playing with other people's scraps!

Anonymous said...

You are most welcome!!

Sharon

Anonymous said...

You are most welcome!! I love what you did with the scraps!!

Sharon

Jean said...

Thanks for sharing your blocks and the dimensions and using the Easy Angle Ruler. I have a lot of wild fabric, so this is a new idea for me.