Saturday, November 22, 2014

a trip to New York

Eve and I were to New York last week to visit Paul, go to the opera, the Matisse exhibit, and, of course, make a stop at Mood. Our hotel was in midtown so we made it to Mood twice! Swatch the dog was there and approved of my purchases. Alas, no Tim Gunn.
Purchased were pink shirting, red and white windowpane, red plaid, pistachio with brown dots, and two paisley lawns.
I am following along on Lori's quilt-a-long at Humble Quilts using 1 1/2 inch squares from my bin. I cut up some of the Mood fabrics so they can be sprinkled into the little quilt.
But the favorite part of our trip was attending Evensong services at St Thomas. I got there early to watch the choir boys rehearse before worship. What a lovely, lovely service. I left into the bustle of 5th Avenue in a state of deep peace.
Should I ever move to New York I might just have to become an Episcopalian!
At The Death of Klinghoffer
At Pippin
At Laduree for tea
They smiled in the next photograph, but smiled ironically, so I went with this one.

3 comments:

Chantal said...

Sounds like a nice trip. So sad to hear no Tim! I loved that show. Unfortunately it doesn't play on a channel that I have so I don't listen to it anymore. But I sure do miss Tim. Love the fabric you've picked. Lovely.

http://thankfullga447 said...

Great choices. NY is always fun and I need to go to the Mood shop.

Anonymous said...

What fun!!!

Sharon