Saturday, July 02, 2011

on to the yellows

The neutral bag (there may be another neutral bag in there too) has been sorted and yielded:
The incentive project: the 5-patch top
Use: made 3 quilt backs from larger pieces
Throw away: fabric that I did not like how it felt when I used it in the past, or it has not held up well in quilts, or, saddest of all, it did not hold up well just sitting on the shelf
Share: this has been claimed by my cousin Jan who I did not even know read my blog; knowing she wants fabric makes it easier to let it go.
Donate: fabric which is too awful to hand off to Jan.
Stash return pile: cut into 6 1/2, 3 1/2, 2 1/2, 2, and 1 1/2 inch strips and about a dozen larger pieces to go back on the shelf
All from a 13 gallon kitchen garbage bag.

The next bag I opened had yellows, so I guess I will be joining Bonnie Hunter with her Florabunda.
As I told her, it is turning out ugly, but in that good way.

9 comments:

http://thankfullga447 said...

I was happy to see the yellows, I love the fabrics, Bonnie had shown all of her yellow quilts yesterday. My church receives lots of donated fabric and I do the charity quilts. I love the bags filled with goodies.

regan said...

Your Florabunda is looking great! Love it!

Dori said...

Really "ugly" and I love it - can't wait to start mine!

Finn said...

that was really great progress with the previous bag Lynn! And I for one, like what your yellows are making as you do Bonnie's Florabunda. I couldn't resist the temptation to jump on board with that one either. Having just used yellow scraps for June's Rainbow Scraps Challenge, there were handy...that must be the reason!! Have a great 4th. Hugs, Finn

carol fun said...

I LOVE the yellows! Isn't it great that there are plenty of color choices for all of us?

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

YAY!!! Im so happy to see these! They look GREAT!

Bonnie

Ginette said...

These are fun! I think this is one of those patterns which look better and better the more blocks are added. You are really churning through the scraps.

Janet O. said...

The first time a decided to use what I thought were really ugly fabrics in a scrap quilt, I got this type of comment when it was finished, "That is the prettiest quilt I have ever seen." Made me giggle. This Florabunda will be a gorgeous quilt--you wait and see!

Saska said...

such a pretty ugly! Can't wait to see the whole thing.