Saturday, July 02, 2011

on to the yellows

The neutral bag (there may be another neutral bag in there too) has been sorted and yielded:
The incentive project: the 5-patch top
Use: made 3 quilt backs from larger pieces
Throw away: fabric that I did not like how it felt when I used it in the past, or it has not held up well in quilts, or, saddest of all, it did not hold up well just sitting on the shelf
Share: this has been claimed by my cousin Jan who I did not even know read my blog; knowing she wants fabric makes it easier to let it go.
Donate: fabric which is too awful to hand off to Jan.
Stash return pile: cut into 6 1/2, 3 1/2, 2 1/2, 2, and 1 1/2 inch strips and about a dozen larger pieces to go back on the shelf
All from a 13 gallon kitchen garbage bag.

The next bag I opened had yellows, so I guess I will be joining Bonnie Hunter with her Florabunda.
As I told her, it is turning out ugly, but in that good way.

9 comments:

ga447 said...

I was happy to see the yellows, I love the fabrics, Bonnie had shown all of her yellow quilts yesterday. My church receives lots of donated fabric and I do the charity quilts. I love the bags filled with goodies.

regan said...

Your Florabunda is looking great! Love it!

Dori said...

Really "ugly" and I love it - can't wait to start mine!

Finn said...

that was really great progress with the previous bag Lynn! And I for one, like what your yellows are making as you do Bonnie's Florabunda. I couldn't resist the temptation to jump on board with that one either. Having just used yellow scraps for June's Rainbow Scraps Challenge, there were handy...that must be the reason!! Have a great 4th. Hugs, Finn

carol fun said...

I LOVE the yellows! Isn't it great that there are plenty of color choices for all of us?

Bonnie K Hunter said...

YAY!!! Im so happy to see these! They look GREAT!

Bonnie

Ginette said...

These are fun! I think this is one of those patterns which look better and better the more blocks are added. You are really churning through the scraps.

Janet O. said...

The first time a decided to use what I thought were really ugly fabrics in a scrap quilt, I got this type of comment when it was finished, "That is the prettiest quilt I have ever seen." Made me giggle. This Florabunda will be a gorgeous quilt--you wait and see!

Saska said...

such a pretty ugly! Can't wait to see the whole thing.