Sunday, May 03, 2009

scrappy blocks idea of Tazzie



Tazzie showed a quilt she made based on a friend's. I loved the look and did it with, of course, plaids. Again, using up all my red and having to get more!
I made mine with three units all finishing 6 inches (6 1/2" unfinished), a square, a rail fence, and a 9-patch.
Cut sizes of pieces: a 6 1/2 inch plaid square; a nine-patch made from 2 1/2 inch squares, all plaid except for a red square in the center; a rail fence with a 2 1/2 by 6 1/2 inch red center, three 2 1/2 cut plaid squares on each side.
Like Tazzie, I am also contemplating adding making a border with 9 patches of plaids.

6 comments:

Tazzie said...

Looks just wonderful Lynn, the plaids give it a fabulous warm feel.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Vicki W said...

What a wonder effect! It looks woven.

sophie said...

Love it! Tazzie's quilt is great, but I have a soft spot for plaids and love the way you used red in your quilt.

Louise SS said...

Wonderful quilt! It looks nice and soft!

Janet said...

I love the plaid quilts. The pattern is great with the red. They are both very nice for males.

Gayle and Rob said...

You don't know me, but I've been lurking on your blog for a couple of years now since I love to see the quilting projects that you are working on. I'm a Dutch girl that grew up in Holland, Michigan and that's how I found your blog. I'm just curious to hear how the Mother's Day flowers saga turned out. My mother was a Henrietta and so is my mother in law! We had some confusion sometimes, but one was Hennie, and the other Etta so that helped some.