Monday, May 18, 2009

added border


Yes, this quilt needed the border.
(It is the pattern I lifted from Tazzie's site)
I added nine-patches of plaids around the center and am much happier--sometimes a quilt just needs to be bigger to push it into becoming a better quilt.
I am getting some quilts back from my longarm quilter and will post them as I bind them.

This one, Common, has been claimed by Seth who loves this quilt.
I am almost finished getting the plaids under control--and that leads to me working with them, which yields its own chaos. I am working with lighter/pastel plaids right now--fitting for these beautiful spring days we have been enjoying in Chicago.

2 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

I love how you have been repurposing fabric. I have been lucky enough to stumble upon some good quality yarn at the thrift store lately. Don't know what I'm going to make with it yet, but wowza! what a find.

Anonymous said...

I love the addition of the border on the first quilt...and the fact that you knew it needed something else. I certainly liked it the way it was...and yet seeing it with the border I can see you were absolutely right. Beautiful job. The second quilt is lovely, too.

Sharon