Friday, March 07, 2008

finally some finished quilts!



Here is another example of my machine quilting with the serpentine stitch on my Bernina 1530. I call this rivulet style. It is really effective when using a variegated thread. I set the stitch at 3-4 width and 4-5 length and use a walking foot. I choose a line, and guide the quilt, varying my path a bit, for 2 or 3 or 4 passes. In some places the paths are far apart, in others they converge into a tight line.
This is my friend Donna Cook's design--the pattern is for sale. I will put you in contact with her if you want one. It is a small quilt, about 20" by 30"--the smallest piece measures 1/4 inch square!
My mom did the binding. She and dad spent a few days here after taking a cruise through the Panama Canal!

3 comments:

Carol E. said...

Very cool quilt! I would have guessed it was quite a bit bigger than you describe. I like hte quilting, too. My Pfaff doesn't have a smooth curve stitch like that. My cheapo Brother did, and I really liked it for certain applications.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Gorgeous! Love the pink and brown color combo, and the curvy quilting!
Sharon

Lucy said...

Hi Lynn, Thank you so much for this beautiful quilt :-)

I just post a picture from Eve at my blog!