Sunday, February 04, 2007
All the wonderful string quilts showing up on the stashbusters ring got me to make my first string quilt. I had made blocks before, but is my first whole top. The strings are lights that have been languishing in my 1 1/2 inch strip drawer--the stuff that was not selected over time due to the blah feeling of most of them. I used 3 different blue solids I had pieces of for the diagonals, and had some 5 1/2 inch squares given to me by someone for some unknown reason that I cut in half for the corner pieces on the foundation. I used Bonnie's method with the wax paper, and 8 inch strips of 6 different lights for the borders.
A cheerful, summery looking quilt made in my unheated attic when it was -1 degree outside!