Sunday, August 23, 2026

red and white sticks, from Bonnie Hunter's Rough & Tumble, top completed

Red and White Sticks
rom a design by Bonnie Hunter
76 1/2 by 58 1/2 inches
top completed 2026

Last week I posted my Summer Sticks made from Bonnie Hunter's pattern Rough & Tumble. It is available for purchase HERE. It is a great pattern. She used blue jean scraps and many colors for the spacers.
Buy patterns from designers who influence you!

As I made my Summer Sticks I knew it would look great in red and white and started cutting the pieces. The white is Kona Snow.
These blocks sew up quickly. I pressed the whites to the red and the blocks and rows so the ends of the whites always are flat, pressed to the reds around them.

I LOVE how saturated this quilt looks.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt and a fast pattern too! Thanks for sharing with us, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another stunning red and white!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous red quilt! I love all the different prints you used! It is quite a contrast to the low volume one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I buy the pattern even if I just like the color combination of the quilt on the cover. Cheap for me and a win for the designer. I usually rework the directions for my brain logic or don't use the directions at all...just go by the picture I purchased. :) If I don't support my local or small business they will not exist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great top Lynn. I'm always impressed by the amount of fabrics you're able to collect. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Because of unrelenting bot spam comments, I am moderating comments for awhile.