Friday, June 09, 2017

circa 2016 Temecula Quilt Co., top completed

I decided to keep it very simple. I tried a triangle border but this seems to be where this quilt wants to stop.
The blocks were made with a 2016 sew-a-long on Temecula Quilt Co.'s blog. I made double the blocks assigned each week and deviated from the directions by setting the blocks straight rather than on point. I finished with a 3 inches cut plain border.
It is rather somber in photographs, a bit more lively in person.
The medallion blocks finish 2 1/2 inches. The main blocks finish 3 inches.
57 by 69 inches.
Thanks, Temecula Quilts, for the very enjoyable sew-a-long! Each week was a gift.

6 comments:

darlynn said...

Aren't you supposed to be packing??? You are really making me look bad.

audrey said...

Beautiful work! Hard to pack it all away I know. It's great that you still have things to work on!

Amy said...

What a great finish! I like the changes that you made to Temecula QC's directions. (and the chicken in that block center. I'm still hoarding a piece of it.)

Synthia said...

You are such a prolific quilter I continue to be amazed!! And to top it off your work is so beautifully exact and perfect. I just love everything you do. Thank you for all the inspiration!!!!

Anonymous said...

A true artists--nothing--not moving--packing--gets in the way of creating!!

xxooSharon

cspoonquilt said...

Wow Lynn! Great vintage quilt feel to that one and all those little blocks, where do you find the patience! cheers!