Friday, March 03, 2017

plus, playing with proportions

While deciding on the setting for the previous plus/times quilt I kept vacillating straight set or on point.
Finally I said to myself, I can make two.
More plus blocks to make!

The 6 inch finished blocks were set on point.
These finish at 7 1/2 inches and will be set straight.

I didn't want to make the exact same block again so I played with proportions of Tula Pink's block and came up with this one, very similar but slightly different. (I am not sure her original proportions but they look like what I made with the 6 inch block.)

Block finishes 7 1/2 inches.
Solid: cut one 3 by 6 inch rectangle, two 3 by 2 inch rectangles (need exactly 3 inch by 10 inch strip)
Print: cut four 3 inch squares, four 3 by 1 1/2 inch rectangles (need exactly 3 inch by 18 inch strip)




1 comment:

audrey said...

I really like these blocks.:)