Thursday, July 04, 2013

brownies

My family loved brownies and I like to use the One-Bowl Brownies on the Bakers unsweetened chocolate package.
Because I cannot leave well enough alone and because I like a thicker brownie, I make the recipe with 1 1/2 times the ingredients, add a bit of salt, and add walnuts.

Put into a pyrex two quart bowl and microwave for 2 1/2 minutes:
6 squares unsweetened chocolate
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter
Take out and stir until chocolate is melted.

Stir in:
3 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

One at a time stir in:
5 large or 4 extra large eggs

Stir in:
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup walnuts

 Grease 9 by 13 inch pyrex pan. Spread in batter. Bake 350 degrees for 40 minutes.

3 comments:

antique quilter said...

brownies look good but I love that quilt in the background! I want to know more about that one! wow!!! Had fun shopping on MI ave and the art museum yesterday....
thanks
Kathie

Carol said...

Thanks for the recipe and love the scrappy quilt as well. I think I've seen that one in a book - maybe one of the Nickel Quilt books???

Sharon said...

Love the quilt too!
I also make those brownies...but I sprinkle chocolate chips on top before baking. I LOVE chocolate!