Wednesday, December 21, 2011

lunch with the Dykstras during baling time

Uncle Joel, Uncle Donald, cousins Harlan and Kenny, Beth and Lynn and Grandpa.
Sioux County, Iowa mid 1960s.


not so zen -quilts in Paris said...

Fascinating..; I look at their faces, and some of them really have the Dutch expressions. The Dijkstra's were from Friesland? and the Meerdinks? A common name in the region where i was born, the middle eastern part, close to the German border. I'm digging in the history of my folks too....
Genlias .nl is a great help for me.
Best wishes for the holidays, i love your quilts.
Will in Paris, under a boring drizzle

farmersdotter said...

I,ve enjoyed looking and reading about your farming sounds very similiar to mine! I was born in 1961 and remember the hay days and dressing chickens, but I don't think we have any pictures. I have lived almost all my life here in Taylor county, Iowa.
My Mom went to assisted living about 7 years ago, so I know what it's like to sort thru all the stuff!!
Thanks for sharing your pictures and memories and have a happy holiday!
Brenda...the Farmer's Dotter