I had a lot of smaller length 2 inch strips that I sewed end to end to make a long snake. I cut it in half, sewed it together to make it two pieces wide, cut in half again and sewed, making it 4 pieces, again making it 8, and up to 16. I took the final piece and cut it into 9 inch pieces and sewed them together into three columns. Put 2 1/2 inch strips of red Kona cotton on them, divided them with 6 1/2 inch strips of fabric, and now am contemplating borders.
We awoke to a beautiful snowfall. Our block looks fresh and bright. Seth is off delivering our neighbor gifts. I found these adorable Mrs. Meyer's cleaning supply kits, in the Iowa Pine scent. I included one of my hand knit dish cloths.