Thursday, January 28, 2010
I had it sewn together, measuring about 48 by 57, and Seth asked if it was going to be bigger. It did look ok, but now, as it is growing, it is looking great. I am running out of my blue striped shirt parts and may have to cross the street to my neighbor to ask for the sleeves back that I gave her.
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Friday, January 08, 2010
Several sites have had variations on Kaffe's design. For what I am working on, I used thrifted shirts. The trimmed down size of the squares is 9 1/2, 6 1/2, and 3 1/2 inches, so they finish 9, 6, and 3. I make them oversized because they distort, especially the 9 inch ones. I'm at the point of setting them together, then deciding if it needs to be bigger.
Seth asked if I had a plan for this quilt as he kind of likes it.