Tuesday, April 28, 2009

strips



I've seen this idea on several blogs.
My 1 1/2 inch strips drawer was pretty lackluster, most under 9 inches long, a few longer pieces. But, I have memories of all these fabrics and wanted to use them. I made them into a long snake, sewing the pieces end to end. Cut it in half, sewed together along the length, cut in half again, and did this over and over until I had a piece of fabric about 50 inches wide. I did this 3 times and used up the drawer!
Our neighbor Mrs. Pals wove rag rugs for us growing up. I still have a few of hers. I loved watching her at her loom. This quilt reminds me of Mrs. Pals' rugs.

5 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

Isn't that the most marvelous way to use up stips?

Kim said...

Looks like a great picnic quilt!

Fiona said...

What a lovely quilt - I've seen them made with longer strips but I like the shorter strips you have used.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Wow - looks fab!

Anonymous said...

This quilt has a comfy, vintage feel to it. Nice work....

Linda from MN