Saturday, November 29, 2008

turkeys


Finn shows her Country Threads quilt on her site--here is mine. I made mine in 1993 as part of a guild challenge, so the fabrics were set. I could add only one. I don't remember which one I added. I did use the wrong sides of most of the fabrics to increase my selections.
Here is my favorite turkey.

I worked at the hospice on Thanksgiving; we went out to the Phoenix in Chinatown for supper and I cooked our feast on Friday.
Holidays are good days to work, other than the missing my own family part of it. The patients and families are thankful that the patient lived to the holiday and are in a state of grace.
It is funny, though, to work on New Years Eve and get the Estate Call. A patient will die in the evening and, like clockwork, about 2 hours later, a phone call will come from a family member, usually a son-in-law or brother-in-law, asking us to hold off the time of death until after the new year for tax purposes. We always politely tell them that we cannot do this, and they always apologise but say they thought it was worth a phone call. There is a little thing called FRAUD we are dealing with here. My L&D friends get inductions before New Years Eve for the same reason, to get the baby born in the right tax year. Folks, let these things happen in their own time.

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

I have those turkeys made and some pumpkins, apples, leaves and stars. I wonder why it isn't a top yet? Your quilt is so cute!

Quilts And Pieces said...

LOVE your turkeys!

Paula, the quilter said...

I've never made it, but I've got the book. Love those turkeys.